The 2017 season for UBBI is underway, and everyone is looking for a spot at the UBBI National Finals on October 6-8 in Ada, OK. The top 50 bulls, based on money won in each of the Futurity, Derby and Classic competitions, qualify to compete at the UBBI National Finals each year.
2017 UBBI National Classic Standings
- 324A, 324A -- Pritchett Ranch/Melton Bull Co -- $5,865
- 89, Lawton -- Mickey Robison/Haworth -- $3,133.75 28
- 9A, 9A -- Pritchett/Melton Bull Co -- $2,645
- 310, Power Plant -- Gary Long -- $2,530
- 602A, Sniper -- Owens/Flinn -- $2,443.75
Owned by Pritchett Ranch/Melton Bull Co, 324A is leading Classic division standings, but there is plenty of money left to be won in the UBBI season. Power Plant may be sitting in fourth place, but he is no stranger to winning. Power Plant won reserve champion in the UBBI Derby division in 2016.
2017 UBBI National Derby Standings
- UTC411, How Bout It -- Mike Sellers -- $7,407.44
- B135, Big Red -- Nathan Wolfe & Terry Coleman -- $6,123.75
- 407, Buffalo Scott -- TBR Bucking Bulls -- $2,915.25
- 29B, 29B -- Cheyenne Owens/Garcia -- $2,587.50
- 184, Cox 184 -- Cain Kobert/Hosey Bridges & Chris Smith -- $2,242.50
UTC411 and B135 have a commanding lead over the rest of the pack in the Derby division. UTC411/How Bout It has been hot in the 2017 season. He got the win in December and February in Mineral Wells, Texas, and took fourth at the Boston Porter Memorial in March. The two bulls seem to be battling it out in the Derby division. Big Red got the win at the Rock N Roll event in January. A month later at the Rock N Roll event, How Bout It only beat Big Red out for the No. 1 spot by one point. It will be a neck-and-neck race to see if the two bulls can maintain their top spots and claim the championship.
2017 UBBI National Futurity Standings
- Z115, Lava Hound -- Gonzales Bucking Bulls-Benton Gonzales -- $4,178
- 504, Twistin Off -- Dorman Cattle Co -- $4,046
- 6, Power Play -- Shining P Bucking Bulls -- $4,010.50
- 33C, Slice of Heaven -- D&H Cattle/Duello/Buck -- $3,762
- 506, SW 506 -- Winston/Slaughter/Melton Bull Co -- $3,523.50
The futurity division is the closest division, with less than $1,000 splitting the top five bulls. The bulls are young and just getting started in competitions. It will be exciting to watch which bulls can handle competition and hauling to win the year-end championship.
2017 UBBI Youth Futurity Standings
- T20, High Class -- Wolfe Boys Bucking Bulls-Cooper Wolfe -- $2,200
- 1502, Back The Blue -- Millie Chism/Shallow Creek Bucking Bulls -- $1,600
- Tc540, Possadilla -- Quinn McCoy -- $1,230
- 035, Cane -- Garrett Gonzales -- $1,160
- 563, 563 -- Lindee Mitchell -- $840
Youth members entering bulls into a UBBI-sanctioned Youth Futurity must be between the ages of 9 and 18 years old and in good standing with the UBBI. The 2017 youth season is off to an exciting start with some new kids making a wave in the standings. There are several returning youth participants looking for their chance to win the championship.
Complete 2017 UBBI Standings
Watch the UBBI Red River Chute Out LIVE only on FloRodeo April 21-22
How To WatchON TV: Now available on Roku and Apple TV 4
STREAMING: Available only on FloRodeo. A yearly FloPRO subscription provides access to ALL FloSports sites. SIGN UP HERE
Join The Conversation On Social• Follow us on Twitter @FloRodeo
• Follow us on Instagram @FloRodeo
• Follow us on Facebook